Monday, November 2, 2015

1st Quarter Reflections



     During the 1st quarter of school I have learned a lot about the world. I have learned about what is happening in other nations, not just what is happening in the US. The Syrian Refugee Crisis was a major event that I studied. It has been taking place in the Middle-East, but is affecting the US as well. This event has taught me that some other parts of the world are not as fortunate as the United States. It has also taught me that the world is facing some horrible things. In the Middle-East some children haven't gone to school in years and haven't seen their families in a very long time. I am grateful that there isn't a huge war occurring in America. Since there is this big war happening in the Middle-East many people are suffering and their lives will never be the same.

    In my 40 Book Challenge I have not improved a lot. I have only read one other book besides the one I am about to finish. This has happened because I have been very busy and have not managed my time properly. This first quarter has been very chaotic for me and I have tried to be involved in a lot of things. I hope that I can at least read 4 books this month and fully understand them. If I do not finish the book I am currently reading in this week I will spend my whole weekend reading. To improve I will read a lot on the weekends and everyday before I go to bed.

    I think that I can improve a lot in the 2nd quarter. In the 1st quarter I didn't fully understand some things and I didn't put my best quality into things. Some of my AoWs I was rushing and trying to finish quickly so I didn't put my best effort into it. This quarter I feel like I have been very lazy. To change this I will focus more of my time on homework and make sure that the standards are met. I hope that this quarter will be an exceptional one.

No comments:

Post a Comment