Sunday, January 24, 2016

Reflection of 2nd Quarter


Reflection

Prompt 1: In what area do you think you made your biggest improvements in English Language Arts?
Prompt 2: What is something you have accomplished since the new year that you are proud of?
Prompt 3: What has been the most challenging part of 2nd Quarter for you and what did/can you do to help overcome this?
Prompt 4: Of the books you have read this quarter, which was your favorite? Why?


          The area that I think was my biggest improvement in ELA was time management. I think it was time management because now I know that I should split my work up into groups and not do it all at once. I have learned that if I do it all at one time then I could become frustrated and the quality wouldn't be adequate enough. By learning how to manage my time I have improved in scheduling my day efficiently. When my day is scheduled efficiently I am able to get work done.

         Something that I have accomplished since the new year is that I finished my CBL project. My group and I have been working on it since the beginning of the 2nd quarter. I am very glad that it is finished because it took a lot of work and time to create it. Almost all the CBL classes had something to do with the project.  We got a good grade on it and I am very proud of the overall outcome of it. 

         The most challenging part of the 2nd Quarter was balancing school and sports. Some days I would have a lot of homework but I had after school sports. Sometimes it would be very hard to finish my homework and still have time to go to my activity. To help overcome this I could have one day that is devoted entirely to school. This could help me because I wouldn't have as much work for the other days and school and sports could be somewhat even.  

          One of my favorite books that I read this quarter was The Help by Lauren Stocket. This book was my favorite because it had many feelings towards it. Sometimes I would be feeling sad then I could be feeling relieved. The book had a lot of emotions in it. Also I liked the book the best because it took place in the 60s so it was interesting to see the difference between then and now. The way people lived was a lot different back then, compared to now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment