Friday, November 11, 2016

Election Reflection Blog


  • My thoughts about the election in general is that this was the most intense one I have ever witnessed. Both sides of the party were at each other's necks all the time. What I mean by this is that they were always insulting each other and trying to make the other person look bad. Both politicians had very strong and different beliefs so no one wanted both to win. It was also very intense because people predicted that they would be very close in the election. Clinton and Trump would change this country for the better or worse.

    My thoughts on the results of this election is that I wonder what kind of a country this is. How could so many people vote for a crazy man. I understand that I am being very biased, but it boggles my mind how people can see a positive future with him. For example many people will say that his beliefs towards women shouldn't effect how he is as a president. I totally disagree with this. If he shows disrespect and superiority towards women, then how is he going to make good decisions based on their best interest. He is a business man, so he will do things for the money.

    This election shows me that either many Americans are unreliable or that many democrats didn't vote for Hillary. I am just stunned how many people really believe in Trump. I still feel like someone on TV is going to say "Just kidding everyone! That was a joke he really didn't win". I am very disappointed in our country. However, I do understand that he doesn't have as much power as people think. Some people are afraid that he is going to build a wall and all the other extravagant things he promised. Congress, although will hopefully stop him from doing these things. 

    On the other hand, it is predicted that Congress is going to be Republican dominated. These Republicans will vote for his ideas even if they don't agree with them. They will do this because they want to keep their jobs. When the next election comes Republican citizens wouldn't vote for them because they didn't vote for Trumps bills. They would do whatever they could to keep their jobs.


No comments:

Post a Comment