Friday, October 21, 2016

Montresor's Confession



Montresor Task


        Hello everyone. My name is Montresor. I am here to tell you all my story. You all in the court and the stands have made up a situation that might be close or different from mine. This is what really happened, this the truth.

        It all started 16 years ago. I was merely an adult, as was he. Words cannot describe the type of bond we had when we first met. It was Carnival and we stumbled upon each other in a drunken haze. Laughing, singing and shouting echoed throughout the streets and I had never been so happy. He was my other half and I was his. We went everywhere together and shared many secrets.

        We had the same secret. Both of us, now this is very hard to admit, we were...what do you call it? Um, we both were attracted to the same gender. I hear the gasps in your voices and see the astonishment in your eyes. My dear friends, this is what I wanted to keep a secret. This is why I killed my old friend Fortunato. You see we were together for quite some time, and I thought we would be together forever. He, on the other hand, didn't see it that way. His family had been suspicious for a very long time and caught on to our secret deed. They threatened to expose us and laugh in the punishment of our lives if we didn't stop.

         Fortunato had always been the type of person to want other peoples praise. The deal with his family was soon made right after they announced it. The day he told me of his plans to marry his future wife was a horrible one. He came to my house early in the morning with a determined look in his eyes. When I asked him if he wanted tea he agreed and we sat at the table. There was a long pause until he finally spoke. I must tell you, my audience, that I felt the worst anxiety and adrenaline I had every felt in those few minutes. I wanted him to tell me that he loved me and how nothing was going to stand in the way of us. I yearned for the simple words of  "I love you". Those words never came.

         Instead of those three syllables he said, "I am marrying Camilla."
     
         My heart sank with those words. I saw my future become black and with it, my heart. Even though my soul felt like it was breaking, my face showed understanding. He continued on saying how we would have never worked and that we were better off. I could not hold it in any longer. My lips released the words, "But I love you". Fortunato's  face became red and distorted. He slammed on the table with his mighty fist, spilling the tea.

        "How dare you say that! You mean nothing to me! Go and live your filthy ways!"
       
         Instead of just a black heart, it became cold and angry. I wanted nothing more than to kill him right there. In moments he had broken my heart and turned it resentful. I no longer felt sad. I felt like killing the man who had made me want to hurt myself. If I saw him with his future wife I would definitely kill myself. In that moment I realized that it was either my life or his.

        You people in the court probably have a lot of mixed emotions right now. But I am here to tell you that you shouldn't imprison a man for his personality. I am the type of person who wants to survive. I am a survivor. I simply couldn't survive if I ever saw Fortunato and Camilla together. So, everyone in the court, let me ask you this. Will you imprison a man for his lack of good character, or will you take pity on a man who got his heart broken by societies flaws?

        And with that statement I rest my case.

Image result for a court in venice

I commented on:
Sophie M blog
Melanie A's Blog
Kezia's Blog

   

11 comments:

  1. Sofia, I am speechless This story is unlike any other. I think this has such a different outlook on the story and you made it flow so easily. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! It's a whole other look on the story completely. Instead of a murderous intent you took Montresors deed as an act of self defense. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a big plot twist. Turns around the tone of Montresor being a cold heartless killer to him being well, a broken-hearted person. I haven't seen any other story like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, It has a very nice flow to the overall writing.

      Delete
  4. This surely is better than most of the other stories, strictly for the creativity and how it can make the story both more complicated and more simple at the same time. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was incredibly easy for me to paint a clear picture on the events with the detail included! This was an amazing piece, Sofia! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a big plot twist! I love how you took his actions and made them into those of a broken hearted man. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a pretty good story, better than a lot of others. It provides a whole new perspective on A Cask of Amontillado.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job with your blog. Although you had already told em your plan for your story I was still deeply entertained when reading this piece. Incredible thinking and creativity. 👌👌💯💯👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post brings so much perspective and this has the biggest plot twist!

    ReplyDelete